Senior Manager in Charge of Sustainability of AngloGold Ashanti, Obuasi mine Nana Ampofo Bekoe has died in a ghastly accident family sources have confirmed to MyNewsGh.com.
He died after his Toyota Fortress cross country vehicle which he was driving himself, was involved in an accident around Apam Junction in the Central Region on Saturday morning. Details of what actually triggered the accident remain sketchy but sources indicate that the body has since been deposited at the morgue of health facility around Apam for preservation.
Former school mates and close associates who corroborated news of his death, described him as the backbone of AngloGold Ashanti, Obuasi mine and have been sending messages of condolences to the bereaved family.
One of them is Frank Aboakye Danyansah who revealed that he was set to have a meeting with the deceased next week only for him to hear news of his passing this morning. It would be recalled that Technical Services Manager of AngloGold, Obuasi, Mr. Kwabena Osei Boakye also died under similar circumstances last year.
His accident according to close sources, happened in the night while he was driving through the Obuasi-Fomena when his Toyota Hilux double-cabin pick-up with registration number GR7137-15 was run over by a trailer truck with registration number AE 3323-13.
It is gathered that the trailer carrying iron beams failed brakes and as a result lost control and drove into his lane to crush his vehicle and another leading to his unfortunate death of the spot.
Subscribe to this blog for our daily updates
- Ghanaian Afrobeats artiste, Mel.O drops his first single, titled ‘Issues’
- Boston Hospital Rejects Heart Transplant For A Dying Patient who Refused Covid Vaccination.
- Asamoah Gyan Last Comment About Ghana Black Stars AFCON Exit is Heartbreaking.
- Delay Has Outline Ten Successful ways For A LadyTo Become Rich – Check Them out.
- Kobby Kyei aids a Mother suffering from postpartum Psychosis .