Riot police have taken over the Manhyia Palace to prevent Kumasi Youth Association executives from presenting their petition to Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
This comes at the back of an injunction secured by the Ashanti Regional Police Command barring leadership of the group from embarking on a planned demonstration over the lack of development and abandoned projects in the area.
According to a copy of the injunction sighted by MyNewsGh.com and granted by a Kumasi High Court presided over by Justice L.A Wilson, the directive to step down the planned demonstration will be in force until otherwise discharged or varied by the court.
It is however gathered that the leadership’s attempt to visit the Manhyia Palace and present a petition to the King is the reason police were deployed to block the entry points and prevent them from doing so.
According to the Kumasi Youth Association (KuYA) several developments in the region started by the previous administration have stalled and believes the demonstration would be the most appropriate platform to call on the Akufo-Addo led government to ensure the completion of such projects.
- Ghanaian Afrobeats artiste, Mel.O drops his first single, titled ‘Issues’
- Boston Hospital Rejects Heart Transplant For A Dying Patient who Refused Covid Vaccination.
- Asamoah Gyan Last Comment About Ghana Black Stars AFCON Exit is Heartbreaking.
- Delay Has Outline Ten Successful ways For A LadyTo Become Rich – Check Them out.
- Kobby Kyei aids a Mother suffering from postpartum Psychosis .
Subscribe to this website for our daily updates and news letter into your email 📧.